Can you make a commitment to help improve the lives of those affected by mental illness?
OMNITEC Solutions, Inc. has employment opportunities available for mid-level Java Developers in Rockville, Maryland (20852). Join our team supporting the National Institute of Mental Health Data Archive . The NDA receives and shares scientific research data related to mental health and funded by the NIH and others.
This is a unique professional opportunity focused on building data services, with opportunities to work on other aspects of an established, but still growing, enterprise-level system critical to the mission of the National Institutes of Health.
You will be working with a Java Web stack, Oracle RDBMS, AWS, command line tools, and more, to help aid scientists in understanding the biological basis for mental health, substance use helping us expand services to many other research domains.
Candidates must be US citizens and able to pass an MBI/Public Trust investigation in order to access federal job sites and systems.
DC/MD/VA metropolitan area based candidates preferred for easier access to team meetings, but other locations will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Your primary responsibilities will revolve around designing and building web services on top of an existing Java enterprise application. Having a robust services-oriented architecture is critical to the project’s future success, which must scale to accommodate increased numbers of users, data volume and size, and be capable of integrating with other data-oriented platforms.
- In order to support our complex computational and data environments, you will work in a collaborative team across all levels of the project. Past experience working with medical or scientific data is a plus as is a commitment to help improve the lives of those affected by mental illness.
- The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated, capable of working independently, but comfortable in a collaborative team environment. Previous experience in a distributed development environment is preferred. While solid object-oriented foundation and experience are expected, exemplary candidates will be able to apply new tools and techniques to solve a variety of problems.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and 3+ years of related professional experience, or 5+ years proven related experience
- 2+ years Java experience
- 2+ years SQL/PLSQL experience
- 1+ years direct experience designing and/or developing RESTful web services;1+ years working in a Linux environment, with proven experience writing and using shell scripts and the shell environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- US citizenship and ability to pass an MBI/Public Trust investigation.
- Motivation to use computational science to accelerate our understanding of mental health and the neurosciences;
- Spring (especially SpringBoot and SpringCloud), Hibernate, and Maven; Oracle or similar RDBMS
- Git version control; Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Docker, Zuul/Eureka, Bamboo
- Scripting languages (i.e., Java Script, Python, or Bash/Shell)
- Distributed computing
- Familiarity working with large datasets
Please apply directly via our web site: https://www.omnitecinc.com/index.php/current-job-openings/
OMNITEC Solutions, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
What kind of role is it?
Any restrictions who can apply?
Us citizenship is required